Paramotor forum.NL

Registreren kost een minuut. Registration takes one minute.
Het is nu 25 Apr 2024, 10:41

Alle tijden zijn UTC

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Op dit onderwerp reageren  [ 1 bericht ] 
Auteur Bericht
 Titel: Pas op met wolken.
BerichtGeplaatst: 04 Mrt 2010, 10:33 
Beheerder

Powered Paragliding Graveyard Spiral Spacial Disorientation, Aviation Safety

I have uploaded this video to show my fellow paramotor pilots what you SHOULD NEVER DO! We were flying at a place called Gochang, South Korea when a very nice sea fog rolled in by the beach, so we decided to fly VFR on top... I was flying along and saw an opening below with a clear view of our take off area, so I decided to do a small spiral, to my dismay, coming out of the spiral I descended into the clouds and when I came out of the spin I had no visual horizon, putting myself into a condition called the spins. With no instrumentation and no visual horizon I was left literally not knowing if I was up, down, left, or right and this with this overwhelming feeling that I was still spinning down to the ground. Thankfully I did not panic, let go of the brakes, and applied full power and climbed above the clouds where after a couple minutes regained my composure and continued my flight. Key lessons learned
1.DO NOT EVER fly into a cloud without instruments
2. If you must fly into a cloud, DO NOT put yourself into a turn of any kind, and if you find yourself disoriented our gliders have great positive static and dynamic stability and will level themselves out(with some exceptions)
3. DO NOT panic and put yourself into a potentially deadly dive trying to correct for something that is not actually happening to you...
4. Fly Safe...
From the manual,
Graveyard Spin: This illusion usually occurs in fixed wing aircraft. For example, a pilot enters a spin and remains in it for several seconds. The pilot's semicircular canals reach equilibrium: no motion is perceived. Upon recovering from the spin, the pilot undergoes deceleration, which is sensed by the semicircular canals. The pilot has a strong sensation of being in a spin in the opposite direction even if the flight instruments contradict that perception. If deprived of external visual references, the pilot may disregard the instrumentation and make control corrections against the falsely perceived spin. The aircraft will then reenter a pin in the original direction.

Yvin. :ugeek:

Afbeelding

PH-9S8

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Skype Me™! Afbeelding

Naar boven
 Profiel E-mail versturen  

De berichten weergeven van:  Sorteer op  
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Op dit onderwerp reageren  [ 1 bericht ] 

Alle tijden zijn UTC