Paramotor forum.NL

Registreren kost een minuut. Registration takes one minute.
Het is nu 13 Mei 2024, 19:31

Alle tijden zijn UTC

Forumregels

Zie je in de al geposte artikelen een film waarvan je vindt dat hij hier thuishoort, laat het dan weten.

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Op dit onderwerp reageren  [ 1 bericht ] 
Auteur Bericht
 Titel: Northrepps to Cromer and back by Paramotor
BerichtGeplaatst: 22 Mrt 2010, 14:18 
Beheerder

Friday afternoon off work. Got to Northrepps airfield and had a chat with Chris. Wind pretty gusty up to 15mph or so. I waited an hour and it seemed to have calmed down a bit, but it was still strong. Some kiting confirmed it was reversable. Of course... by the time I actually got kitted up and hooked in - it isn't any more and the wind has move 90 degrees!! so, unhook, re-attach for a forward and off I go. Weirdly after take off I immediately come back to earth again before hedge and just barely clear the hedge... by now at about 30 feet or so, and then loose it all over the plowed field. It was like my engine had no power, but it did (and was fine at 9500) - just some serious sink air. I was ready to land in the field, but it came out of it, and started climbing ok. pretty rough for a bit though. On to cromer and the wind was clearly playing funny buggers - over the pier I needed full power just to stop descending into the sea. So after going along a bit to east runton, I turned back to head home. Note : I changed from goproHD:1280x960 to goproHD:1980x1080 for the rearward leg - this was uploaded in 1080p so if you have a 1920x1080 monitor you can watch this at full 1080p and see the difference in quality - it's quite obvious around the detail of the town, caravans, etc. Anyhoo, wind had move around a bit back to where it had started by now, and was getting up in strength. I had to use full speed bar to make any sort of progress back the northrepps. When I switched to slower trim for landing (still kept it out more than usual - about 5) it took an eternity to come in the last 100 yards or so. But landed where I wanted to, just west of the runways.

Yvin. :ugeek:

Afbeelding

PH-9S8

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Skype Me™! Afbeelding

Naar boven
 Profiel E-mail versturen  

De berichten weergeven van:  Sorteer op  
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Op dit onderwerp reageren  [ 1 bericht ] 

Alle tijden zijn UTC